Salted Caramel Upside Down Apple Cake

Oh my ! I don't mind saying it.....this cake was quite delicious !

We hosted a lunch for Mum's birthday and I wanted something a bit different. Part cake, part pudding. All deliciousness.  A quick Pinterest search, and I found this recipe



Nothing bad can come from fresh apples, butter and brown sugar ! 


The brown sugar gives the whole cake a delicious caramel flavour and colour. 


Thinly sliced apples and delicious salted caramel sauce in pan and the most amazing cake batter on top. Obviously quality control was required at this point....


Turned out upside down, it worked....it actually worked! The crust was amazing, with a slight crunch. Moist cake and delicious salted caramel.

The table was silent and seconds we're had, which I'll take as a positive review ! 



And because we could, an updated family photo. 

So, baked anything delicious lately ??

See you on the other side of my holiday (YAY) 

Dee 

Comments