How to throw an 'on trend' pinetastic Christmas party.

{Product Talk post brought to you by dish'd and nuffnang}

Us makers and bloggers and work-from-homers rarely get a staff Christmas party.

Last night under fairy lights and an abundance of pineapples, I set to rectify that. 

Many a bottles of wine and sparkling were purchased and put on ice. 

The pineapple decorations were hung and Christmas carols were playing. 



What am I forgetting ? Ahhh yes! Food ! 

Now, in classic entertaining style, the instructions were to bring a plate....however I still wanted a bit of WOW factor on the table when everyone arrived. 

Enter dish'd - a new and exciting way to experience delicious food from around the world in the comfort of your own home. When the lovely folk at Nuffnang and dish'd sent me a $100 voucher to spend at my will in their new gourmet food delivery service, I knew I had my wow factor.

Wogan not nearly as impressed as I was with the boxes of dish'd frozen food delivered to my door !

We sampled and we were suitably impressed with the dish'd food at Taste of Melbourne, so I eagerly set about selecting items for my delivery. With this party and a host of other festive happenings, the Chef Specials 'meals in a box' range was perfect. I selected the Summer Entertaining Pack for our Christmas party and the Roast Dinner with all trimmings for tonight's dinner with G's colleagues. 





And ice cream......because ice cream ! 

The whole process was simple and easy. Ordering online, selecting next day delivery and then coming home to a large box filled with goodness. The boxes are filled with dry ice and keep everything frozen and secure so there's no need to be home for your delivery. A friendly text message from dish'd let me know that it had indeed arrived and was waiting for me when I got home. 




It was all so very easy. 15 minutes in the oven direct from the freezer. Added bonus was my guests remarking how amazing the kitchen smelt from the food cooking. Also how calm I looked after 'obviously' cooking all day ! Ha ! 




We had delicious canapes at the pineapple party, my favourite being the prawn baguettes AND I also have a freezer full of ready to go ingredients and instructions. 





For me, it's entertaining without the stress of cooking, developing a menu and the anxiety of "will it work."  I didn't have to spend hours shopping, prepping and cooking. That time was much better spent hanging more pineapples. 


Now the good folk at dish'd want YOU to be able to sample their food as well. I have one $50.00 voucher to give away (Vic and NSW residents only - sorry!) Competition closes 27 December 5pm AEDT. 

Just tell me in the comments,
"What would you spend your $50 dish'd voucher on?"


Comments

  1. I'd order anything that looks delicious,
    with hearty ingredients that are nutritious,
    and most importantly requires absolutely NO DISHES.
    These are my dish’d menu wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream. Natch.

    Looks like it was an awesome night!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a gorgeous party and some delicious food. I would spend a voucher on a romantic dinner for two in the comfort of our own home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there ! Thank you for stopping by and saying hello........