To market, to market......An ode to markets.



"To market, to market, to buy a plum bun**,
Home again, home again, market is done"






I love markets. 




I love the feeling of entering an empty room knowing it will soon be filled with the nervous energy of stallholders setting up their stalls. 

I love that expectant calm just before the doors open. 

I love the excited noise of sellers selling and happy customers making purchases. 

I love the sugar high that comes from delicious market stall cupcakes (or lemon tarts***) 


I love the conversations.  

I LOVE the market community.

I love the talented stallholders. 

I love the pack up (some days, I really love the pack up) and ‘thankyous’ and ‘see you next times'.

I love the satisfaction of closing the door on an empty room at the end of a successful day. 



It's market day TODAY with Made 'n Thornbury Craft Market ! 

And then on April 5th it's Northern Regards Artisan Market day again.... 

Just as well I love it. 



*** Except it's a lemon tart from Melbourne Epicure......not a plum bun 

Comments