That time we went to Supergraph......

The thing with chronic pain and it's best friend's depression and fatigue, is that it is really easy to stay in.

The internet brings you groceries, news from the outside world and even on a good day, handmade goodness purchased online.

With G away and my pain level high, it's been ever more tempting to stay.
Stay at home. Stay in bed. Stay on the couch.

But you do need to leave the house. That whole fresh air thing and seeing real live people.
It's good for the soul.

Which is why, when two complimentary* tickets for the opening of Supergraph landed in my inbox, I knew it was the perfect chance to get out of the house.

Supergraph was held at one of my favourite buildings in Melbourne,  the regal Royal Exhibition Building in Carlton. This great building has become home to some of my favourite Melbourne events including Finders Keepers Market and the Great Australian Beer SpecTAPular. 





Supergraph was art exhibition, pop up food truck enclave, hip bar, market and interactive space all in one!

"Supergraph is Australia’s Contemporary Graphic Art Fair that celebrates design, print and illustration. The opening night took place on Valentine’s Day with hundreds of visitors attending the fair for what was an amazing and energetic event. Crowds were eager to show their appreciation for the artists and their works, with many falling in love with 
an artwork and purchasing numerous items on site."




Wandering the space with a Pimms and Lemonade served by bartenders in bright yellow blow ties, this was a great way to spend a Friday night.



Apart from the talented work on display, one of my favourite things was the interactive spaces.

I loved seeing adults propped on cardboard stools, sipping a cider or beer and COLOURING IN !!
There were also other workshops, including pinata making !



My absolute favourite peice was this Galah by Leila Jeffreys.  It's sheer size and detail were amazing.

Now I just need to find the right house to put it in. Oh and the $$$ to buy it of course.



Supergraph was great, I look forward to seeing it back, even bigger next year. 
The bright yellow clad happy bar staff serving me Pimms and Lemonade were great.
I loved the very talented art on display.  And the passion that the artists had for their work. 
Chatting art and the state of the world with tinniegirl made me happy. 
As did the subliminal Truffle Mac 'n Cheese we had for dinner afterwards ! 
I loved being out of the house.  

Have you been to anything great lately ??
Got any tips for leaving the house when it all seems too hard ??
What's your favourite building in Melbourne ?? 

* I was gifted two tickets to Supergraph. I wasn't obliged to blog about it, but did, because I loved it. 

Comments

  1. Wow, what a superb exhibition! That Galah is incredible. I'm definitely going to try and get to next year's show. Sorry to hear you've been unwell :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there ! Thank you for stopping by and saying hello........